Massey Student Accommodation
Fergusson Hall is a self catered hall of residence, only 10 minutes from the centre of Massey’s Manawatū campus in Palmerston North. Apply now for accommodation at Fergusson Hall.
- Self-catered student accommodation for Massey Students with friendly staff and a supportive community.
- The two large communal kitchen spaces are equipped with appliances. They also have freezer space and lockable cupboards for storing personal food and kitchen items.
- 82 comfortable rooms with differing size categories.
- Attractive grounds with spaces to relax and play sports.
- Shared gender-neutral bathrooms in each area of the Hall, common rooms with TV, laundry, music and games rooms.
- Short 10 minute walk to Massey Campus.
- Unlimited Wifi in all rooms, common areas, and communal study rooms.
Rooms and furniture
All bedrooms are fully furnished and have a window that can be opened, and a secure lockable door.
Each room includes:
- Bed and mattress (some king single beds available on request)
- Desk, chair and desk lamp
- Shelf, mirror and rubbish bin
- Carpet and curtains
Items you should bring along with clothing and personal items, you should also bring:
- Crockery and cutlery
- Cooking equipment inc. cooking utensils, chopping board, dishwashing liquid and tea towel
- Pots, pans and dishes
- Your own bedding and towel
- Coat hangers
- Laundry detergent and pegs
- 3M hooks/tape or tac, if you wish to hang anything on your wall
Self-catered. Residents cook their own meals in two large communal kitchens meaning that you can cook what you want and when you want.
Communal spaces and shared facilities
The hall has two common lounges with a TV, couches and two large kitchens. Two communal study rooms, one with computers and a printer. Spacious outdoor areas set on park-like grounds, including a volleyball court. Shared laundry with washing machines, dryers, and ironing boards.
Students are allowed to store some forms of alcohol in small amounts in their rooms and drink it in moderation within designated areas on set days and times.
The pricing for Fergusson Hall is as follows:
|Deposit (Bond $350, Administration fee $100, Activity fee $100)||$550|
|Weekly room rates (2024 rates)
||Standard 1 $185
Standard 2 $205
Standard 3 $230
|Internet||Unlimited Wireless internet available throughout the Hall is included in the room rates|
|Car park for your vehicle (Car, Scooter, Motorcycle)||$100 per semester|
There are several payment options for rent payments. Including full year, per semester, fortnightly, weekly, and $130 weekly payments (with an initial lump sum payment).
To secure your accommodation, you will need to pay a deposit by the date stated in your letter of offer.
The centre of Massey’s Manawatu campus is a 10-minute walk away, making it easy to pop back between lectures or for lunch. Our residents enjoy living so close to Massey without being right on campus.